Dump Truck Driver - AZ/DZ
O'Brien Paving is seeking an experienced dump truck driver with a minimum of 3 years driving experience
You will work on a crew, with your primary responsibilities being the driving of a dump truck hauling materials/equipment. On a paving crew the driver spends as much time with the crew as they do on the road, as such, drivers are also expected to help the crew when on site. Drivers are not the primary asphalt labourers, this is not a labourers position, in fact you can work to your own abilities. While the crew will be more than capable of completing all tasks involved it never hurts to have a little extra help, and the others will greatly appreciate your efforts. Often it's as simple as keeping a job site clean or moving a couple shovels of material for one of the rakers, everyone's day is better when we work as a team.Job duties include:
- Driving various manual transmission dump trucks. (One truck will be your primary)
- Circle checks including pre-trip inspections.
- Maintaining the basic cleanliness of the cab and box.
- Reporting any issues to the mechanic and supervisor.
- Equipment loading and securing
- Operating the vehicle and box safely.
- Not speeding / driving according to laws.
- Helping out on site.
- Skills in a skid steer are an asset but not required.
The successful candidate will be chosen for both skills and experience driving dump trucks (or similar) as well as temperament and the ability to work well on a crew. Compensation will be based on skills and experience, and ranges from $24/hour - $30/hour.